Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day at the Museum

Today I took a bus tour of Dublin.  The bus tour was fun because I rode on the top of two story bus.  It was cold to ride outside in February.  It was 3 degrees Celsius today.   That would be 37 degrees Fahrenheit.

Here is a pic of me in front of the National Irish Museum.  I saw an exhibit about the history of Irish soldiers.  A lot of the history of the fighting is about Irish independence from Britain.




I also went on a tour of the Guinness beer factory.  They have been making beer there since the 1700's and the inventor of the beer signed a 9,000 year lease to have the factory in Dublin. 

Guinness also makes the Guinness Book of World Records.  Guinness first made the book  for bartenders to keep the customers from fighting over who or what is the best or the biggest (stuff like that).

7 comments:

  1. 5B has finally seen your blog!! They want to know if you're tired!! How was the museum? Did you like it? What was your favorite part?

    Bye bye!!

    Ms. Cairns / 5B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi 5B,

    We landed early in the morning and tried to stay awake all the way until nighttime. This helps make you get on Irish time. I fell asleep at 7:00pm and was tired. But, then yesterday wasn't too bad. At this museum my favorite things was the old weapons. Today, I went to a different museum that had bog bodies. This was creepy and I will write a whole blog post about it later and post my creepy pics.

    I miss you all!

    Best,

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, 5A is now viewing the blog today (Feb. 28) .... What are bog bodies?
    We just watched the end of Pope Benedict XVI ..... Wow!! Did you see it?
    How is it in Ireland? Are you having a good time? Where are you living? Do you live in an apartment or a house? What's the weather like?
    It's time for us to get back to work!!!
    TTYL
    Ms. Cairns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi 5A,

    Bog bodies are 2,000 year old bodies that were found in bogs. I will write a whole blog post about them soon. I just got to my new home/hotel. It's like a condo. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and even my own backyard area. It is a lot bigger than I expected. The weather is cold but it hasn't rained yet. But, everyone says it rains all the time here.

    Best,

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Josh we sang the song of molly malone in music yesterday. Ms.Verity said that molly means mary so its kinda like MaryBEth Malone. Have fun, 5B misses you and we hope to see you soon.Your hotel sounds nice.

    Has it rained yet? We try to check your blog in Scocial Studies every day!

    :) :):) :) :):) BE HAPPY IN IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!

    From:Grace R



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace,

      Thanks for commenting on my blog! It has not rained yet but I will tell you when it does:).

      Best,

      Josh Abney

      Delete
    2. Hi Grace,

      It rained the last two days! If you stay outside for 10 minutes you get soaked. Yesterday it was a really misty rain but today it is like normal rain.

      Best,

      Josh

      Delete